WHITE CARDS FOR PEACE WITH FLUTE: HOW SPORT CAN CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS PEACE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT...
WHITE CARDS FOR PEACE WITH FLUTE: HOW SPORT CAN CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS PEACE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: From a Social and Economic Perspective...
[Event Photo Album - 2]
EVENT Photographer: JULIE MARDIN
FLUTE Accompanied by ERGUN YURDADÖN
The Light Millennium presented
in collaboration with the
Sport Management Program,
the Department of Business Administration,
and the Guarini Institute For Government and Leadership at Saint Peters University
On Monday, April 27, 2015
Saint Peters University, Jersey City, U.S.
ON THE OCCASION OF THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE (April 6)
“Sport has become a world language, a common denominator that breaks down all the walls, all the barriers. It is a worldwide industry whose practices can have widespread impact. Most of all, it is a powerful tool for progress and for development.”
– Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary-General
P R O G R A M
WELCOMING REMARKS & INTRODUCTION:
Prof. Kevin Callahan, Guarini Institute, Saint Peter’s University
David Surrey, Professor and Chair of Sociology and Urban Studies, Director of Africana Studies, Environmental Studies, Title V, and Faculty Development, Saint Peter’s University.
Bircan Ünver, Founding President of The Light Millennium and Head, NGO Representative at the United Nations Department of Public Information (Introduction of The Light Millennium)
MODERATOR: Prof. Kevin Callahan, Guarini Institute, Saint Peter’s University
ROUNDTABLE PANELISTS (in order to appearance in the program)
1) Mr. Erden Eruç, Solo Rower, Extreme Athlete– Guinness World Record and AKUT Athlete (through a video message)
2) Dr. Joseph Spears, Assistant Professor, Program Coordinator Secondary Education, Department of Teaching,
Learning & Professional Development, Bowie State University
3) Ms. Rose Harper, Chief Executive Officer, The Grass Ceiling
4) H.E. Carlos Garcia, Executive Director & Senior Advisor, South-South News, Vice President of The Light Millennium and Founder-President of the CG Global Consultant
5) Mr. Joseph Quinlan, Athletics Director Business department and the Athletics at Saint Peters University
6) Miss. Shannon Nulty, Student, Athlete Department of Sports Management, Saint Peter’s University
7) Ali Nasuh Mahruki, President, AKUT Sports Club; Search and Rescue Association
8) Ergun Yurdadön, Professor and Director, Sports Management Program, Saint Peter's University
9) Tunç Üçyıldız - Won Turkey's first national surfing title in October 2012, and the first surfer to represent Turkey in World Championships in 2013.
Co-organized by: CG Global Consultant
Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Sebahattin Devecioğlu
Organizers: Bircan Ünver, The Light Millennıum and
Prof. Ergun Yurdadön, Saint Peters University
Media Contact: Bircan Ünver – EVENT@lightmillennium.org
This album was created on May 8, 2015.
(c)2015, The Light Millennium - http://www.lightmillennium.org